In collaboration with the Western U.P. Health Department and Emergency Operation Centers in Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Keweenaw County and Ontonagon County, Copper Country Strong Briefs will be shared regularly through the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Currently, they are released on Mondays and Thursdays.
You can receive an email alert when a new briefing is posted. Subscribe here.
UPDATE FROM WESTERN U.P. HEALTH DEPARTMENT
UPDATED NUMBERS FOR FEBRUARY 25
The previous update was Monday, February 22. All numbers below are in comparison to that update.
NOTE: Vaccine statistics have been added. They will be featured regularly moving forward.
- TOTAL: 41 more positives, 7 more probable positives, 91 more recoveries, 0 deaths and 14.10% fully vaccinated
- BARAGA COUNTY: 3 more positives, 1 more probable positive, 2 more recoveries and 17.16% fully vaccinated
- GOGEBIC COUNTY: 6 more positives, 2 more probable positives, 30 more recoveries and 14.25% fully vaccinated
- HOUGHTON COUNTY: 28 more positives, 3 more probable positives, 42 more recoveries and 12.17% fully vaccinated
- KEWEENAW COUNTY: 3 more positives, 1 more probable positive, 4 more recoveries and 15.44% fully vaccinated
- ONTONAGON COUNTY: 1 more positive, 11 more recoveries and 20.09% fully vaccinated
Update from UP Health System - Portage
At this time we invite those interested in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine to call our vaccine voicemail line at (906) 483-1775 and leave a message with your name and call back number.
Update from Gogebic County
A town hall event was hosted on Thursday, February 25, 2021 on the Facebook pages for Ironwood, Wakefield and Bessemer. The town hall was focused on the COVID-19 vaccine. You can watch a recording of the town hall here, https://www.facebook.com/cityofwakefield/videos/219248269942367.
Latest MTU Covid-19 Town Hall
This week's Town Hall event hosted by Michigan Tech focused on Mental Health and Well Being during the Covid-19 Pandemic. You can watch a recording of it here, https://www.facebook.com/UPcovid19townhall/videos/153131093219534. A schedule of future events can be found here, https://www.mtu.edu/health-research/covid19townhall/.
If you have an update you would like included in this daily brief, please contact the appropriate county or the health department. Contact information can be found at coppercountrystrong.com/contact.
An archive of updates can be found at coppercountrystrong.com. The community is invited to view that site and subscribe for email alerts when a new brief is posted. Links will also be shared on the Copper Country Strong Facebook and Twitter pages.