In collaboration with the Western U.P. Health Department and Emergency Operation Centers in Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Keweenaw County and Ontonagon County, Copper Country Strong Briefs will be shared regularly through the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Currently, they are released on Mondays and Thursdays.
You can receive an email alert when a new briefing is posted. Subscribe here.
UPDATE FROM WESTERN U.P. HEALTH DEPARTMENT
UPDATED NUMBERS FOR JANUARY 21
The previous update was Monday, January 18. All numbers below are in comparison to that update.
- TOTAL: 70 more positives, 25 more probable positives, 49 more recoveries and 3 deaths
- BARAGA COUNTY: 4 more positives, 7 more recoveries and 1 death
- GOGEBIC COUNTY: 10 more positives, 6 more probable positive, 6 more recoveries and 1 less death
- HOUGHTON COUNTY: 40 more positives, 14 more probable positives, 32 more recoveries and 2 deaths
- KEWEENAW COUNTY: 3 more positives, 3 more probable positives and 3 more recoveries
- ONTONAGON COUNTY: 13 more positives, 2 more probable positive, 1 more recovery and 1 death
TV6 reports restaurants to open for inside dining on February 1
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services tells TV6 that restaurants and bars will be allowed to reopen on Feb. 1. The state will announce further details on Friday.
If you have an update you would like included in this daily brief, please contact the appropriate county or the health department. Contact information can be found at coppercountrystrong.com/contact.
An archive of updates can be found at coppercountrystrong.com. The community is invited to view that site and subscribe for email alerts when a new brief is posted. Links will also be shared on the Copper Country Strong Facebook and Twitter pages.