In collaboration with the Western U.P. Health Department and Emergency Operation Centers in Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Keweenaw County and Ontonagon County, Copper Country Strong Daily Briefs will be shared each weekday through the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
You can receive an email alert when a new briefing is posted. Subscribe here.
State of Michigan Updates
- Unsure where we currently stand in Michigan's Safe Start plan? Bookmark this resource, https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-100467_100913---,00.html. It provides restrictions by category and a guide on what to expect when you report for work or visit certain facilities.
Updates from Western U.P. Health Department
Below are number updates since the last reported numbers on Monday, August 10.
- TOTAL: 11 more positive cases, four more probable cases, 24 more recoveries
- GOGEBIC COUNTY: Seven more positive cases, 15 more recoveries
- HOUGHTON COUNTY: One more positive case, one more probable case, eight more recoveries
- ONTONAGON COUNTY: Three more positive cases, three more probable cases, one more recovery
Note: Recoveries are from the date of onset of illness. Positive cases are reported as results come in. Individuals may not get tested until many days after onset. Reporting may also be delayed as some results take up to 10 days or more to come back from the lab. Probables are also counted in recoveries using a clinically determined onset date.
Example: The individual feels ill on 08/01. Their symptoms increase and they are tested on 08/05. Test results are not received until 08/15 and are counted that day. This person will be considered recovered on 08/31.
- COVID Exposure Site in Bessmer ID’d; Spread to Ontonagon County Noted, via Keweenaw Report
- UP in ‘severe critical need’ for all blood type donations, via TV 6
If you have an update you would like included in this daily brief, please contact the appropriate county or the health department. Contact information can be found at coppercountrystrong.com/contact.
An archive of updates can be found at coppercountrystrong.com. The community is invited to view that site and subscribe for email alerts when a new brief is posted. Links will also be shared on the Copper Country Strong Facebook and Twitter pages.