In collaboration with the Western U.P. Health Department and Emergency Operation Centers in Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Keweenaw County and Ontonagon County, Copper Country Strong Daily Briefs will be shared each weekday through the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
You can receive an email alert when a new briefing is posted. Subscribe here.
Updates from Western U.P. Health Department
Below are number updates since the last reported numbers on Monday, August 17.
- TOTAL: Four new positives, two new probable, nine new recoveries
- BARAGA COUNTY: One new positive, two new probable positives
- GOGEBIC COUNTY: One new positive, one new probable positive, nine new recoveries
- HOUGHTON COUNTY: Two new probable positives
- ONTONAGON COUNTY: Two new positives, three less probable positives
Stay Safe, Stay Open Updates
These updates are from the Copper Country Business Community focused on keeping the business community updated on how to stay safe so businesses can stay open during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Live Q&A, “Workplace Safety in a College Town” - In an effort to help stop the spread of COVID-19 as students return to Michigan college and university communities, Sean Egan, Michigan COVID-19 Workplace Safety Director, will be answering your workplace safety questions related to guidelines for operations, state expectations and worker’s health and safety requirements.
Join for a live virtual event to provide you with important information and updates on workplace safety during the pandemic. The information presented in the webinars will help businesses that serve college students – like retail, restaurants, bars and gyms – understand the most up-to-date rules and protocols they need to protect their patrons, employees and communities this fall.
Participants are encouraged to join on the date that coincides with their area: Friday 8/21 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Marquette – Join Here.
If you have an update you would like included in this daily brief, please contact the appropriate county or the health department. Contact information can be found at coppercountrystrong.com/contact.
An archive of updates can be found at coppercountrystrong.com. The community is invited to view that site and subscribe for email alerts when a new brief is posted. Links will also be shared on the Copper Country Strong Facebook and Twitter pages.