In collaboration with the Western U.P. Health Department and Emergency Operation Centers in Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Keweenaw County and Ontonagon County, Copper Country Strong Daily Briefs will be shared each weekday through the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
You can receive an email alert when a new briefing is posted. Subscribe here.
Updates from Western U.P. Health Department
Below are number updates since the last reported numbers on Thursday, July 30.
- TOTAL: 22 more positive cases, one more probable positive and 10 more recoveries
- GOGEBIC COUNTY: 20 more positive cases, one more probable positive case, two more recoveries
- HOUGHTON COUNTY: One more positive case, eight more recoveries
- ONTONAGON COUNTY: One more positive case
Updates from Gogebic County
- The City of Wakefield will close the Municipal Building to the public on Wednesday, August 5, 2020. City Staff will continue to report to the Municipal Building and are available by phone, email or in-person by appointment only. Appointments may be made by calling (906) 229-5131. Read more on the city’s Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/cityofwakefield/posts/1722851231190673.
- GOISD to provide funds for pandemic prevention efforts, via Daily Globe
- Gogebic County coronavirus spike likely tied to large social gatherings, via TV 6
- Personal protective equipment levels stable in the Upper Peninsula, via CBS 3
- Michigan shoppers improve mask compliance, based on MLive survey of 41 stores, via mlive.com
- Whitmer closes bars in Michigan, via Daily Globe
If you have an update you would like included in this daily brief, please contact the appropriate county or the health department. Contact information can be found at coppercountrystrong.com/contact.
An archive of updates can be found at coppercountrystrong.com. The community is invited to view that site and subscribe for email alerts when a new brief is posted. Links will also be shared on the Copper Country Strong Facebook and Twitter pages.