In collaboration with the Western U.P. Health Department and Emergency Operation Centers in Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Keweenaw County and Ontonagon County, Copper Country Strong Daily Briefs will be shared each weekday through the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
You can receive an email alert when a new briefing is posted. Subscribe here.
Updates from Western U.P. Health Department
- A pop-up test site is being hosted on Saturday, August 8 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. central time at Northern Waters Casino parking lot in Watersmeet. Testing is free and available to anyone. There is no pre-registration, insurance needed, prescription needed or doctor’s order needed. A photo ID is required.
- A pop-up test site is being hosted on Wednesday, August 12 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. central time at the Ironwood Public Safety garage in Ironwood. Testing is free and available to anyone. There is no pre-registration, insurance needed, prescription needed or doctor’s order needed. A photo ID is required.
- Visit Michigan.gov/CoronavirusTest to learn more about getting tested.
NUMBERS: Below are number updates since the last reported numbers on Monday, August 3
- TOTAL: 13 more positives, four more recoveries
- GOGEBIC COUNTY: 10 more positives, one less probable positive, two more recoveries
- HOUGHTON COUNTY: Two more positives, one more recovery
- KEWEENAW COUNTY: One more recovery
- ONTONAGON COUNTY: One more positive, one more probable positive
Updates from Gogebic County
- In response to the local increase in cases of COVID-19 and to best protect our patients and staff, Lac Vieux Desert Health Center has returned to essential services only until, at minimum, August 13. Learn more about this by visiting the LVDHC Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/LacVieuxDesertHealthCenter.
- High-risk exposure sites lead to increasing positive cases in Gogebic County, via CBS 3
- Safeguards in place against COVID-19 for retirement communities, via Daily Mining Gazette
- Iron County Health Department releases testing event data, via Daily Globe
- Michigan Tech Sets Up Temporary COVID-19 Testing Tent, via Keweenaw Report
- Softball Tournaments And Golf Outing Blamed for Increase of COVID-19 Cases In Gogebic County, via Keweenaw Report
If you have an update you would like included in this daily brief, please contact the appropriate county or the health department. Contact information can be found at coppercountrystrong.com/contact.
An archive of updates can be found at coppercountrystrong.com. The community is invited to view that site and subscribe for email alerts when a new brief is posted. Links will also be shared on the Copper Country Strong Facebook and Twitter pages.