In collaboration with the Western U.P. Health Department and Emergency Operation Centers in Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Keweenaw County and Ontonagon County, Copper Country Strong Briefs will be shared regularly through the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Currently, they are released on Mondays and Thursdays.
You can receive an email alert when a new briefing is posted. Subscribe here.
UPDATES FROM WESTERN U.P. HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Below are number updates since the last reported numbers on Thursday, September 17.
- TOTAL: 105 more positives, 20 more probable positives, 32 more recoveries, two more deaths
- BARAGA COUNTY: Eight more positives, two deaths
- GOGEBIC COUNTY: Five more positives, two more probable positives
- HOUGHTON COUNTY: 91 more positives, 17 more probable positives, 31 more recoveries
- KEWEENAW COUNTY: One more positive, one more probable positive
- ONTONAGON COUNTY: One more recovery
UPDATE FROM HOUGHTON COUNTY
- Houghton County is at a critical time. We once again implore you to continue to follow the guidelines for masking, social distancing, and personal hygiene. The recent cases in Houghton County are spreading rapidly throughout the community. These are not exaggerated numbers. The only path through this pandemic is for everyone to take personal responsibility for slowing the spread of the virus. Each individual- young, old, student, employee, everyone- must contribute to the cause or the spread will continue as we have seen in the last week. Yes, it is inconvenient, yes, you may miss out on something, yes, your plans may have to alter. But, only together with everyone’s help, can we move forward towards a return to normal. Are we really going to fail because we can’t be bothered to wear a $1 mask when we are around other people?
If you have an update you would like included in this daily brief, please contact the appropriate county or the health department. Contact information can be found at coppercountrystrong.com/contact.
An archive of updates can be found at coppercountrystrong.com. The community is invited to view that site and subscribe for email alerts when a new brief is posted. Links will also be shared on the Copper Country Strong Facebook and Twitter pages.